Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thank you super sale!

I ran to the grocery on my way home from work last night and they had red, yellow and orange bell peppers on sale for $1/ea!  Colored peppers are one of my favorite additions to a bento because they're tasty, non-juicy and you can do so many things with them!  The problem is that they're usually out of my budget.  I bought several and have already used most of them.  I'm probably the only person in the world who gets that excited about produce!

Wednesday is a late school day for Monstro.  For some reason school starts an hour later so I had time to roast the butternut squash we picked at Hilltop during our big harvesting adventure.  Monstro will eat any kind of roasted squash as long as it has cinnamon sprinkled on top!

We've got a piece of sauteed pollack on top of leftover spicy raisin couscous.  The spider is stuffed with roasted butternut and cinnamon.  I tucked a mushroom (puffshroom or doomshroom as he likes to call them) and broccoli all around to help hold things in place and then cut stars from fall-color pepper cheeks to arrange on top.  He's been begging for lunch desserts for the last few weeks so I added 3 Junior Mints in the top tier.

Tomorrow will finally be the spider cups used for "stash" items - lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment